Monday, August 13, 2012

David's first day of preschool

He was hard to wake and get out of bed.  Then, once up, you saw his nutritious pop tart breakfast (earlier post today).

He checked his room before we left to make sure he hadn't left anything behind.

And then he was ready and waiting by the back door by the time I rounded up John.

Here he is, poised to be the big man on campus. Note the backpack swagger.

And here he is goofing with his teacher, Miss Ashley.

Miss Ashley reported that he had a pretty good first day.  She said he teared up a couple of times (so sad), but would be fine after distraction with some of their activities.  She said he loved to color, and "he seems to enjoy looking at himself in the class mirror."  See photo evidence below, captured when I spied on him through the doorway window before he knew I'd come to pick him up. All the other children were sitting quietly in a circle waiting on their parents.



9 comments:

  1. I love the teacher's button that says "use your words" I need one of those for government meetings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad for the report. Looks like he is going to love school and have a wonderful time, as long as all of his classrooms have full length mirrors. Ned, you will have to ask him if there was any toe cleavage at school today. Have been thinking about all of you today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed the photos. Hope he goes to sleep early tonight so that it won't be so hard to get up in the morning. Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good to get a report. I've been thinking about the little guy all day. So grown up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big day for all of you! So glad it all went well, and I LOVE that he has Ashley for his teacher (she's my Saturday morning running buddy and is an awesome mama!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear that my positive reaction to her is validated by a friend!

      Delete
  6. You are so lucky Ashley is great! I'm sure David will love his new school.

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think and who you are...